Jenn Flaa, Vettana To Go
Jenn Flaa of Vettana To Go interviewed me to get the scoop on what it’s like behind the scenes at View From the Bay. She had some great questions. I hope they are helpful or at least interesting! The interview is in two parts. But before you go to the video, here are my most important tips:
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Memorize 2-3 talking points or tips you want to communicate
- Take a deep breath and focus on the interviewer (not the audience or cameras)
- Try being a member of the studio audience before you are on the show so you know what to expect.
Part 2 questions: Click here for video (P.S. I like Part 2 better, thus the reverse order :0)
1. Did you provide them with sample questions ahead of time?
2. Did you do your own makeup or did they have a makeup crew there?
3. Did you bring a couple different outfits along?
4. Did they ask you any questions that you weren’t prepared for?
5. Give us the scoop on the Tasty Award you won for the DVD “Cooking For The Clueless”
Part 1 questions: Click here for video
1. Describe your day on View From The Bay
2. Did they give you any tips about being on camera?
3. Did you get to meet the hosts before you went on the air?
Become a Facebook Fan of Vettana To Go for great Media & PR tips by clicking here. Thanks again Jenn for a great interview!
To watch the actual live cooking segment (Pan-seared Salmon in a Tomato-herb cream reduction), click here now!
What a great birthday week! As many of you know, we WON the 2010 Tasty Award for “Best DVD or Subscription Series!” A big “Thank You!” to all our fans and those who voted for us. It was so exciting (and unexpected) to win. The award show will air on Hulu.com come February. I’ll keep you posted on when it airs so you can see our first acceptance speech at an award show ever! We met a lot of great foodie celebs and fun people at the show. Here are some of our favorite pics:
Rick Lynch & Zuzy Martin Lynch, Co-founders, Cooking for the Clueless
Rick Lynch, Joanne Weir (PBS) & Zuzy Martin Lynch
And the Winner is…
Leslie Sbrocco (Check Please! Bay Area), Zane Lamprey (Three Sheets), Zuzy Martin Lynch
Zuzy Martin Lynch & 2010 Tasty Award for Best DVD!
Amy Sherman (cookingwithamy.com) & Zuzy Martin Lynch
Debbie Mazar (Under the Tuscan Gun), Phil Lord/Chris Miller (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Zuzy Martin Lynch
Rick Lynch, Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Ignacio Hidalgo
Mimi & Ignacio Hidalgo
Janelle Wang (View From The Bay) & Zuzy Martin Lynch
The following day, I was lucky enough to prove that I’m learning how to cook on LIVE TV!
Thanks to View From the Bay for having me on their show and to Chef Preston Dishman for teaching me how to make a pan-seared salmon with a fancy tomato-herb cream reduction.
So how did I do on my first live segment? It was so much fun and it felt good, but I was definitely stumped on the lactose-intolerant question! Look for an expert article on the matter in the next couple of weeks :0). Check out the live segment by clicking here and thanks again.
This is a big week! Three big things are happening.
- The Tasty Awards: On Thursday, Jan 14th, we’ll be walking down the red carpet at the awesome Kabuki Sundance Theater as nominees for “Best DVD or Subscription Series!” So cool! Check out our 30-sec trailer for the show.
- View From the Bay: On Friday, Jan 15th, I’ll be on ABC’s View From the Bay featuring one of the recipes from the Cooking for the Clueless DVD and proving on live television that I’m not clueless anymore! I promise, there is hope for the clueless out there. I’ll be making a Pan-Seared Salmon with a Tomato-herb cream sauce…a reduction no less. This is a delicious recipe that cooks in less that 15 minutes. Thanks Chef Preston! Check out the recipe.
- My birthday! Saturday, Jan 16th, I’m having a big and exciting birthday. With the pressure off, we’re heading to wine country for good wine and delicious fun. Starting at Schramsberg for some bubbly. Gotta have bubbles on your birthday!
Thanks to everyone for the good vibes this week and throughout the process! Stay tuned for posts during the Tastys! Be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest and greatest.
Biggest question surrounding the show: Will Anthony Bourdain be there?
I hope so. Everyone loves a jaded New Yorker that’s oddly sexy because of his dark side.